TEMPORARY Merch Coordinator – Longmont, CO
THIS IS A TEMPORARY POSITION – TO LAST NO MORE THAN APPROXIMATELY 6 MONTHS. DURATION MAY BE ADJUSTED PENDING BUSINESS NEED. FULL-TIME HOURS ANTICIPATED, TYPICALLY 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., M-F, BUT TEMPORARY IN NATURE. NO BENEFITS ARE AVAILABLE TO TEMPORARY EMPLOYEES.
The Merch Coordinator (aka Muscle) is a junior-level position in the marketing department. The Muscle is responsible for shipping/receiving and customer service for retail website customers, Oskar Blues sales reps, the Longmont taproom, restaurants, and our network of distributors. This position will assist the Merchandise Manager (MM) with inventory accountability, invoicing, website management and, well, merchandising-in-general.
Meticulous organization, excellent communication, attention to detail, independent accountability, and multi-tasking in a constantly changing environment is critical for success. The Muscle must also nimbly navigate a variety of web-based platforms to perform inventory management and accounting tasks; and be comfortable working swiftly and reliably without supervision on repetitious tasks. Experience with platforms such as Nexternal or Orchestrated Beer (SAP Business 1) pretty much guarantees you an interview; understanding of other web-based shipping, retail or marketing platforms is a very attractive benefit; knowledge of basic Microsoft platforms (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.) is an expectation. A sense of adventure is important, as the Muscle must meet a variety of challenges, included (but certainly not limited to) those outlined below:
- Use Nexternal online platform to manage orders.
- Manually fulfill and ship orders.
- Update/Edit products, descriptions, pricing, photos, etc.
- Manage all aspects of orders (tracking, packing, and reconciliation, including the use of Orchestrated Beer inventory management software.)
- Monitor inventory levels and communicate with MM as stock diminishes.
- Work with MM to (re)order product from vendors.
- Conduct weekly/monthly/quarterly product audits and inventories.
- Monitor the flow of sales orders and/or invoices for distributors/restaurants/reps.
- Work with A/R to manage billing.
Product Management and Shipping
- QC, label, and organize all merch and POS products.
- Organize and maintain stock rooms and shipping supplies.
- Efficiently account for all out-going orders including miscellaneous requests from all departments.
Sales, Marketing, Events
- Fill orders from sales reps, distributors, Web site, restaurants, events, etc.
- Manage logistics of shipping to sales reps and distributors via beer trucks.
- Manage customer service issues related to merch and POS products.
- Assist with merch event production as needed.
This is a great opportunity to get a start in a fun and chaotic environment but it is not for everyone. If you aren’t prepared to do a fair amount of picking, packing and shipping every day, this gig isn’t for you. If you aren’t capable of being extremely organized, accurate and accountable, this gig isn’t for you. If you don’t have thick skin, a commitment to constant improvement, a team attitude with personal drive, or an appreciation of general jackassery and tomfoolery, you’re not the right person.
Qualified CANdidates, please send your resume to us at email@example.com