Tasty Weasel Taproom Ambassador and Merchtender – Austin, TX
This is one of the first lines of communication for Oskar Blues Brewery. Outstanding customer service and knowledge of the brewery and its operations, is a must. The ideal candidate will need to have outstanding customer service skills, have a flexible schedule, high energy and a willingness to complete projects, be good at handling money, using a POS system and conducting tours.
Job Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To:
- Serving alcoholic beverages responsibly
- Opening and closing the taproom, which will include: cleaning off tables, sweeping, using chemicals to clean, using a dishwasher, taking out trash, cleaning bathrooms, mopping
- Handling money and closing down registers accurately
- Tour guide
- Sharing knowledge of Oskar Blues beers and other craft breweries
- Stocking and straightening merchandise and canned beer cooler every shift
- Changing kegs which requires that you can lift 55 pounds
- Provide support to the entire Oskar Blues team
- Work on special projects as needed
- Handles all customer issues in a courteous and helpful way
- Takes accurate merchandise markdowns, counts, and inventories as scheduled
- Orders seasonal merchandise and restocks via communication with the Mothership (CO Merch Department)
- Ensures that merchandise sizing, ticketing and presentation are to company standards
- Merchandise all items with seasonal OB promotions and beer releases while maintaining merchandise/brand name familiarity to assist customers
- Performs daily recovery and light cleaning tasks to ensure a neat, clean, and organized merch area
- Understands all policies and procedures concerning cash, check, charge card and refund transactions, voids and offline procedures. Maintains a high level of awareness and accuracy when handling bankable tenders
- Follows company scheduling and timekeeping policies and practices.
- Friendly, outgoing personality who enjoys providing great customer service
- Must be a self-starter, organized and dependable
- Must have 2 years bartending experience
- Must have knowledge of the brewing process
- Able to work in a fast paced environment while providing excellent customer service
- Must be 21 years of age
- Able to solve problems on their own
- Computer knowledge of Word/Excel or equivalent software program
- Effective verbal and written communication via email
- Must be able to communicate with different groups and team members to get the job done
- Must want to work in a brewery.
- Ability to perform the duties of this job by regularly being required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; talk and hear; and smell.
- Ability to frequently reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Ability to stand for extended period of time.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds to 55 pounds.
- Ability to be frequently exposed to wet conditions and work in cold.
- Frequently exposed to strong and sometimes disagreeable odors
- Ability to work in a moderate noise level.
Oskar Blues is a rapidly growing leader in the craft brewing industry, A cannery with a superiority complex! Benefits package includes options for Health and Dental insurance, Paid Vacation and Holidays, and lots of fun in exchange for your commitment, sweat and hard work.
Position is located in Austin, Texas.
This job description is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. Although this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Oskar Blues Brewery reserves the right to revise the job or to require different tasks be performed when circumstances warrant, including but not limited to emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological developments.
Resumes may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org