Human Resources Manager – Longmont, CO.
Oskar Blues Brewery, LLC. is seeking an experienced HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER to join our team of funky, dedicated, fun, and hard-working people. This position will be based out of our offices in Longmont, CO, reporting to our CFO. Oskar Blues Brewery is currently ~300 employees, with our brewery production locations in Longmont, Brevard, and Austin. In addition, we have a small brewing operation in Lyons — the place where it all began. Our sales people are located in home office settings throughout the US. We have opened an awesome stand-alone taproom on the Pearl Street Mall in Boulder. This position IS THE HR person and position for Oskar Blues Brewery.
Oskar Blues Brewery is one of the multiple entities that make up CANarchy. This position works closely with the CANarchy HR Director, based in Longmont, who has responsibility for developing alignment and consistency among the CANarchy entities. In addition, there are HR Managers at CANarchy entities, facilitating HR activities for those entities and this team works together very closely.
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
This position supports our awesome staff and is responsible for recruiting, onboarding, payroll, benefits, training, employee relations, performance management and ensures compliance with state and federal law.
- Manages the recruitment and hiring of employees and at times participates in interviewing and evaluating key positions.
- Coordinates onboarding and orientation for new hires.
- Ensures employee records are complete, accurate, and confidential.
- Provides benefit support and administration.
- Participates in developing and responsible for maintaining employee policies, procedures, and practices.
- Maintains continuous training and development for staff.
- Coordinates bi-weekly payroll with the Finance Department.
- Handles employee grievances.
- Manages workers’ compensation.
- Manages employee separations.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local laws pertaining to personnel matters.
- Ensures safety in the workplace.
- Supports the performance evaluation process.
- Maintains the compensation plan.
- Supports supervisors with the disciplinary process.
- Assists with reporting and audits as necessary.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
Oskar Blues Brewery Responsibilities
- Safety Committee facilitator.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of current HR policies, practices, recordkeeping, and employment law.
- Knowledge of benefit administration.
- Knowledge of human resource information system administration.
- Skill in time management.
- Skill in organization.
- Skill in leadership and coaching.
- Skill in effective communication.
- Skill in responsible decision making.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to demonstrate reliability.
- Ability to maintain a high level of ethical conduct and confidentiality.
Physical & Mental Requirements
Must have the physical and mental strength and endurance to be able to perform duties, in at times extreme environments, as well as the ability to handle stressors of the position in operational and administrative situations. Required to frequently lift and move 10-25 pounds. Expected to stand, sit, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, bend, talk, hear, taste, smell, see, and operate objects, tools, and controls.
Position Snap Shot
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Exempt
Pay Type: Salary
Supervisor: Chief Financial Officer
Manages Others: No
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree Required
Minimum Certification: PHR Preferred
Minimum Experience: 5 Years
Required Travel: Less than 10%
Driving Requirements: No
Tools & Equipment Used: Basic Office Equipment
The employer retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position as a result of evolving business needs.
Qualified CANdidates, please Apply Here