Dale’s Pale Ale plus vodka? That doesn’t sound like a good idea… it sounds like a GREAT idea! This Dale’s Vodka Pizza recipe by Beer Belly brings both superior liquids together in a perfect pizza paradise. Find a sixer of Dale’s Pale Ale near you via the beerfinder, use a lil’ bit to whip up this tasty pie and drink the rest at your leisure.
Those Needs Dough
1½ cups Dale’s Pale Ale, room temperature
¼ cup of extra virgin olive oil
4 cups of all-purpose flour
2 tsp salt
2 tsp honey
3 tsp active dry yeast
Those Deets Dough
1. Mix ingredients in a large bowl until incorporated.
2. Pour out onto a floured surface and knead well for 10-12 minutes. If the dough is too sticky, add one pinch of flour at a time and continue to knead. Dough should be soft and smooth.
3. Place in a large bowl and cover with a towel. Let dough rise for 2 hours, until dough has doubled in size.
3. Divide the dough and stretch ‘er out. Bonus points if you can spin it over your head like a pro.
Needs – Sauce
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tsp dried oregano
large pinch of crushed red pepper
28 oz can diced tomatoes, unsalted
1 cup heavy cream
⅓ cup vodka
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Deets – Sauce
1. Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add garlic, oregano and crushed red pepper. Cook for 1 minute, stirring regularly.
2. Add tomatoes and bring to a boil. Lower heat to a simmer and cook uncovered for about 20 minutes. Add heavy cream, raise heat and bring to a boil. Lower heat to a simmer and cook uncovered for 20 more minutes. Add vodka and cook for 7 minutes. Remove from heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. When sauce has cooled slightly, add to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Blend in batches if necessary.
Some Assembly Required
Place a pizza stone or an upside-down baking sheet on a rack in the lower half of the oven. Preheat at 500° F for 30 minutes.
Lightly flour a 12-inch square sheet of parchment paper. Stretch and shape dough and top with sauce, cheese, and basil. Using a pizza pan or another baking sheet, carefully slide the pizza into the oven, onto the stone or baking sheet. Bake for 7-10 minutes until cheese has melted and bottom is crusty.