Pairings & Recipes
Dale’s Lazy Stuffed Pizza Bread
January 30, 2020
After a long day on the trail, satisfy your hunger with something easy-to-make, tasty and beer-inspired like this Lazy Stuffed Pizza Bread.
2 cups low-moisture mozzarella, shredded
1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
1 tsp dried basil
2 tbsp Dale’s Pale Ale
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to season
1 loaf, Italian or French bread
3 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
1/2 cup pepperoni slices, quartered
2 cups marinara sauce, for dipping (optional)
1. Heat oven to 400° F. Combine mozzarella, red onion, basil and Dale’s Pale Ale in a mixing bowl. Season and mix well to combine.
2. Using a bread knife, slice the bread on a diagonal about 1-1.5 inches apart. Repeat, slicing in the opposite direction to get a checkerboard effect. Be careful not to slice the bread all the way through.
3. Brush melted butter all over the bread and into the crevices. Gently stuff with cheese mixture, then with the pepperoni slices.
4. Wrap loaf in tin foil and bake for 15 minutes. Carefully unwrap foil and bake for 5 more minutes until the bread is lightly browned.
5. Serve warm, with marinara sauce for dipping
You can find Dale’s Pale Ale near you using the beerfinder. Grab a six-pack and make this cheesy, buttery stuffed pizza bread tonight.