Pairings & Recipes
Carrot Coconut Soup With Mama’s Little Yella Pils
October 15, 2018
Pair this Carrot Coconut Soup with Mama’s Little Yella Pils for maximum flavor – creaminess, sweetness, spice – this recipe’s got it all. Recipe by Beer Belly.
- 3 lb carrots, peeled
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 5 1/2 cups vegetable broth, divided
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1 1/2 cup coconut cream
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Freshly chopped chives, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place carrots on a large baking sheet and generously drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Place in oven and roast for 45 minutes, flipping half-way through. When carrots are fork tender and nicely browned, remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Once carrots have cooled, chop into chunks and place in a large food processor or blender with the garlic, ginger, allspice, and 3 cups of broth. Puree until smooth.
- Transfer carrot puree into a heavy cooking pot. Add remaining broth and heat over medium, stirring occasionally.
- Once soup starts to bubble, lower heat to medium-low and stir in coconut cream. Once heated through, remove from heat. Season to taste.
- Transfer to serving bowls and make it look pretty with freshly chopped chives.