Pairings & Recipes
Barrel-Aged Ten FIDY Brownies With Salted Caramel Sauce
March 7, 2019
Our smooth, complex Barrel-Aged Ten FIDY Imperial Stout has never been this ooey-gooey. Thanks to the foodie fellas at Beer Belly, you can enjoy BA FIDY in one of its most decadent forms ever. Pick up a stovepipe (or two) at a watering hole near you and be sure to sip while you bake.
Needs – Brownies
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1½ cups (12 oz) Ten FIDY Barrel-Aged Imperial Stout
2 cups sugar
½ cup unsalted butter, melted
4 eggs, room temperature
2 cups all-purpose flour
¾ tsp salt
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Deets – Brownies
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 13x9x2 baking pan with butter or cooking spray. Line with parchment paper with a few inches of overhang off the sides. Butter or spray parchment with cooking spray.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together Barrel-Aged Ten FIDY and cocoa powder until smooth. Gently whisk in sugar, butter, vanilla extract and eggs, one at a time. Add flour and salt and whisk until smooth. Stir in chocolate chips.
3. Pour mixture into baking pan. Bake for 42 to 45 minutes. The top will look shiny and dry and a toothpick inserted in the middle should come out with some moist crumbs attached.
4. Remove and let cool completely in the pan. Lift parchment to pull brownies out and cut into squares.
Adapted from recipe by NBWA
Needs – Salted Caramel Sauce
1 cup sugar
¼ cup water
½ cup heavy cream
2 tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
1 tsp kosher or coarse sea salt
Deets – Salted Caramel Sauce
1. Heat sugar and water in a medium-sized saucepan over high heat. Cook without stirring for 8-10 minutes, until sugar turns golden brown.
2. Gently warm cream in a small pot or in the microwave. When the sugar is ready, slowly whisk in cream until the mixture is smooth, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in butter and salt until smooth.
If the sauce is too thin, simmer a little longer. If it’s too thick, add 1-2 tbsp of cream and stir over low heat ’til it’s just right.
Drizzle caramel sauce over brownie squares, crack a fresh can of BA FIDY and enjoy!