Pairings & Recipes
Baja-Style Fish Tacos With Dale’s Pale Ale – A Recipe by Beer Belly
February 21, 2019
Our friends at Beer Belly crafted these killer Baja-style fish tacos using Dale’s Pale Ale. Crack a can and try these perfectly beer-battered tacos topped with cilantro lime cabbage slaw and chipotle crema.
Needs – Tacos
1 1/2 lbs white fish such as cod, pollock or rockfish
1/2 cup all purpose white flour
1/2 cup rice flour
1 tsp salt
1 cup cold Dale’s Pale Ale
12 – 16 corn tortillas
Needs – Cilantro Lime Cabbage Slaw
6 cups green cabbage, thinly sliced
1 cup cilantro (leaves and tender stems)
Juice of 2 limes
Dash of yer favorite hot sauce
Salt and pepper
Needs – Chipotle Crema
2 canned chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
1/4 cup onion, chopped
2 tbsp honey
2 garlic cloves
Sale and pepper
1. For the cabbage slaw, mix all ingredients in a large bowl. Cover and let sit for at least 30 minutes.
2. For the chipotle crema, blend all of the ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
3. Heat 1-inch of vegetable oil in a 10 to 12-inch dutch oven or heavy-bottomed skillet over medium-high heat, until oil is 350°F.
4. Rinse fish in cold water, pat dry and slice into 1-inch wide strips. In a medium bowl, whisk together white flour, rice flour, salt, and pale ale until well blended.
5. Dip fish into batter and place gently into hot oil. Fry fish in batches, turning occasionally to brown on all sides, adjusting heat to maintain 350°F. Remove fish when golden brown, about 2-4 minutes, with a slotted spoon. Keep warm on a paper towel-lined baking sheet in a 200°F oven.
6. Heat corn tortillas and assemble tacos.
7. Put tacos directly into mouth-hole, interspersed with swigs of Dale’s Pale Ale.
Find Dale’s Pale Ale near you using the beerfinder or visit Beer Belly for more recipes.